Sunday, November 10, 2013

How Thankful Can You Be?

Fall is my favorite season; colorful leaves, cooler temps, a nice feeling of change, and holidays. It just feels so good to me. I love smelling the fireplace and watching the flames. I love enjoying my homemade Starbucks caramel apple cider drink or sea salt hot chocolate. Bliss!

I am also thankful my right-brained visual learner has curriculum that fits her learning style. She does much better watching video lessons than having me teach her in person. I didn’t let that hurt my feelings. LOL  She does much better working at HER own pace rather than having me tell her how long she has to complete something. She even prefers to take an spelling test online rather than have me call out words old school style. If I could go back to her age, I’d prefer it too! I hated spelling tests as a kid because I always had to stay in at recess and write over and over the words I’d misspelled, which was usually quite a few. My spelling improved with time, thank goodness. I’m also thankful for spell check. Can I get an Amen on that?

I’m thankful I have the freedom to homeschool my child in the way I see fits her needs the best. I am very thankful I have the freedom to include God in her studies. And finally, I’m so very thankful my daughter has finally reached a point in her schooling where she finally likes most of her schooling. That’s saying a lot for a kid who has always HATED school.

So, how thankful can you be? I believe you can never be thankful enough for all you have and all God does for you. What about you, what are you thankful for this season?

Technorati Tags: ,,homeschooling

1 comment:

  1. We just got back from a week long fall vacation, and those types of things really, REALLY make me thankful for the flexibility of homeschooling! :D

    Love this blog hop, linked up! :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete